Your checking account should be helping you get ahead, not holding you back. Members First keeps things simple while providing lots of convenient services, without the added fees.
- No Minimum Balance
- No Monthly Service Fee
- Free Online Banking/Mobile App Access
- Free Bill Pay/Picture Pay
- Free Mobile Check Deposit
- MasterCard Debit Card
- Online Check Reorder
- Free e-Statements
Learn more about designing your own MasterCard Debit card here!
Simple Checking: We’ll give you a second chance!
Do you have a closure with another financial institution? Are you having a hard time getting approved for an account to deposit your paycheck? Then our Simple Checking is your second chance!
Simple checking members can use their debit card just like a prepaid card. Transfer money easily and conveniently online or with our mobile app from savings to checking.
Design & Personalize your MasterCard Debit cards here!
Overdraft Protection Options
Designed to save you time and returned items, overdraft protection gives you a little extra flexibility when using your Members First Credit Union checking account. When you write a check, use your debit card or authorize a payment from your account and don’t have the funds to cover it, we will cover it for you.
Option 1: Transfer from your Savings Account
- If you fall short on funds in your checking account, we will check your savings account to see if we can clear the transaction, for a small transfer fee of $3.00.
- Use any savings or checking account with Members First Credit Union to cover overdrafts.
Option 2: Courtesy PayWe understand how easy it is to make an error in your checking account and to have unexpected emergencies come up, which is why we offer Courtesy Pay!
- First, you will be pre-approved for a courtesy pay limit based on your relationship with Members First Credit Union.
- Courtesy pay will pay your debit card transactions, checks you’ve written, and ACH items, when you are running low on funds.
- Major Benefit! Your item is paid and not returned. Many merchants charge a returned item fee, along with the financial institution returned item fee. With courtesy pay, your item is paid, and you are charged a one-time per usage fee of $25.00.
- Direct Deposit is required for approval.
How do I Opt-In?
Sign and Date our Courtesy Pay Opt-In Form: Download Courtesy Pay Form
- Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: 3401 W Beltline Hwy. Madison, WI 53713
- Fax: 680-271-5322
Option 3: Kwik-Cash Line of Credit
This is an unsecured open line of credit with limits up to $5000. You may use this line of credit as an overdraft protection option when funds are limited in the checking account.